TeamViewer is a freemium proprietary software used to remote control PC. We have it’s earlier versions but we need many new features to meet out increasing needs. In that case, today we have latest version of Team viewer called Team Viewer 11. In this article i am going to describe two important points regarding Team Viewer 11. First thing is why you need Team Viewer 11 on Ubuntu by mentioning their new features and another important thing is how to download Team Viewer 11 on Ubuntu. Come on guys let’s check it out.
What’s New in TeamViewer 11 on Ubuntu?
- First and foremost thing of Team Viewer 11 is its improved performance compared to its previous version. Can you believe guys it can really perform 15X faster than its previous version.
- Redesigning of Remote Control Session is made in this new Team viewer 11 for improved user experience which is called as Overhauled toolbar.
- The remarkable change in its new version is support to android devices and it supports POS i.e. Point of sale. It is very easy to distribute team viewer to android devices.
- You can create Support module to your customer or even to other user by the help of quick support module in team viewer 11.We can directly connect with Linux test console even in the absence of GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- You can easily configure SSH and you can even much more easily set up port.
- For Business personalities, they can install custom host module with their own brand.
For details about TeamViewer 11 visit its official Website.
We found some bugs with the previous version, Team from Team Viewer 11 has made response for all the user feedback and for the annoying bugs.
- File transfer session crashes sometimes are fixed.
- Trouble made during chat conversations are fixed.
- Crashes for no reason during update and working sessions were fixed.
- hover behavior was improved and in previous version there is no option to receive “insider builds” but this present version comes with the insider builds option.
- New icons were added to increase the user experience in the Computer’s desktop and contact list.
Install Team Viewer 11 on Ubuntu
We need the help of multiarch deb package to install Team Viewer on Ubuntu as it is not available through PPA. So for bit users, you need to install gdebi package to support deb package and you have to update your local repository index.
To install gdebi in Ubuntu
Step 1:Navigate to Ubuntu Software centre and make a search for Gdebi Package.
You will find gdebi installer package, open the file manager in your system and right click on the Gdebi package installer, from the Properties menu and change it as “Set default Button”.
or download Gdebi Package Installer.
Step 2:And mark it as Default button in the file manager’s properties window.
That’s it now we have Gdebi in Ubuntu and continue to Team Viewer 11.
Install TeamViewer 11 on Ubuntu (For 32 bit)
Run the below command in the terminal to install team viewer 11 on the 32 bit system.
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install gdebi $ wget http://download.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_i386.deb $ sudo gdebi teamviewer_linux.deb
Install TeamViewer 11 on Ubuntu (For 64 bit)
Run the following command in the terminal to install team viewer 11 on the 64 bit system.
$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install gdebi $ wget http://download.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_i386.deb $ sudo gdebi teamviewer_linux.deb $ sudo dpkg --remove-architecture i386
After installation, open the Team viewer from your menu and you don’t need to install Wine separately for your ubuntu system when you have Team Viewer 11 in your system.
I hope this article will surely help you. I have mentioned all the features of TeamViewer 11 on Ubuntu. And i have also mentioned the commands to install Team Viewer 11. Do you have any other methods to install this software??? Then please let us now it by your valuable comments. Happy Working!!!…